Yield: 6-8 portions
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole cream
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-pound large macaroni, cooked until soft
- In a medium sized pot melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour, and continue to stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly add the cream and white wine and continue to whisk. As the milk heats it will begin to thicken
- When thick, turn the heat down to low and add the cheddar cheese in 2 parts. Once the cheese has melted add the Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and the salt and pepper.