Yield: Serves 8-10 people
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 3 tablespoons minced thyme
- 5 or 7 bone in beef rib roast, choice or prime grade
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup Red Wine: Cabernet or Merlot
- 2 cups beef broth/1/2 cup demi glace
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold and cut into small pieces)
- Rub beef rib roast with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Set the Wolf M-Series Oven on the convection roast mode at 375 degrees. Place the beef on to the Wolf M-series broil pan. Insert the Wolf M-Series Oven probe into the thickest part of the rib roast. The oven will prompt the user to use the probe. Set the probe temperature to 120 degrees internal temperature. Place the pan into the oven and insert the other end of the probe into the probe portal. Close the oven door and press start. The oven will take about 2- 2 ½ hours to cook the rib roast depending on the size. When the oven chimes the meat has reached the internal temperature and is done cooking.
- While the tenderloin cooks heat a sauce pot on the Wolf Range Top Burner on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the garlic and shallots to the pan and sauté until fragrant. Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the alcohol aroma is no longer present. Add the broth/demi glaze to the pan, increase the heat to high, and reduce the liquid by half (this will take a few minutes).Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the sauce in batches, whisking continuously. This will help to thicken the sauce. Once all the butter is melted turn off the heat add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pull the beef rib roast from the oven and put it on a cutting board to rest for 10-15 minutes. Cut the bones from the roast. Now cut the beef rib roast into slices of desired thickness and place them on a platter. Pour the sauce over the beef and serve. Enjoy!!