- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 6 See’s Scotch Kisses, cut into halves
- Preheat the oven on the Convection Mode at 325°F.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla until pale and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- Add egg yolks and mix until incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add all the flour in thirds. Mix on low speed until just incorporated. Do not overmix as this will cause gluten to develop, making a denser cookie.
- Scoop 12 walnut-sized balls of dough and place onto the solid pan lined with parchment.
- With wet hands, press a thumb into the middle of each dough ball, making a small depression.
- Firmly press a See’s Scotch Kiss half into each thumb depression. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until the cookies have a light golden-brown edges and the Scotch Kiss has melted. Enjoy.