Yield: 8-12 servings
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4) peeled and cut into 1/4’s
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup cream
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot with salted water and put on a medium high burner. When the pots come to a boil turn them down to a simmer. Let the potatoes cook until they are soft and can easily be pierced with a knife or skewer. Drain the potatoes and place them in a table mixer bowl with a paddle attachment.
- On medium speed blend the potatoes with the butter. Slowly add the cream until the mixture looks creamy and softened. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure to mix all the potatoes and parsnips. Add the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. The potato puree is now ready to serve. Enjoy!