- 1 tablespoons butter
- 6 peaches, peeled & cut into a small dice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint of bourbon, preferably an aged bourbon
For the crumble topping:
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ½ c brown sugar
- 8 oz. cold butter cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour, cold butter, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor until crumbly. Set it aside and keep it cool until you a ready to use.
- Preheat an oven to 325° on Convection Mode.
- In a medium-sized pan, add butter, sugar, and peaches and sauté on high heat until the sugar melts and a light brown caramel begins to form, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and bourbon. Reduce the peach bourbon mixture until it has thickened and remove from the heat.
- Portion the caramelized peaches in between small ramekins that can be baked in an oven. Fill the top with the peaches, and then add a generous portion of the crumble topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown and the caramelized peaches bubble on the sides. Remove from the oven. Enjoy as is or with a sweet topping of your choice.
- 7-8 egg yolks
- ½ cup dry champagne
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, combine egg yolks, champagne, and sugar.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and begin whisking steadily. You may need to pull the bowl away from the hot water occasionally if the bowl gets too hot. The mixture will become light and foamy as you continue to whisk.
- Continue whisking over simmering water until the mixture thickens. You will notice the sabayon change from a foamy appearance to glossy, creamy, pale appearance. This can take 5-10 minutes. Enjoy immediately of refrigerate for later use.
- Alternatively, if you have a Wolf Induction Range or Cooktop, you can make the sabayon by whisking the ingredients directly in a pot as opposed to the above method. Keep the sabayon on the first 3-4 increments to prevent the mixture from turning into scrambled eggs. Enjoy.