Margherita Cheese Pizza
- 1 batch of pizza dough, proofed
- ¾ cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated or fresh mozzarella
- 1 spring of basil for garnish
- Turn the Wolf M-Series oven to Stone Mode at 550°. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll your pizza dough on a floured surface until it is very thin, at least 1/8 of an inch thick. If you would like, push your fingers into the edges of the rolled dough to create a lip for the crust.
- Carefully place the dough onto a pizza peel or a baking tray dusted with a good amount of flour. Cornmeal also works to make sure the pizza dough does not stick.
- Add the tomato sauce using a ladle and spread evenly around the dough in a circular motion. Top with the mozzarella, and place into the oven. Bake for about 6-7 minutes, or until the pizza crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and tear basil leaves onto the stir hot pizza. They will wilt and add their aroma to the pizza. Cut into slices and enjoy.
- 3 ½ – 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups water, 110° F
- Combine the yeast, sugar and ½ cup of water in a small bowl and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine the bread flour and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. While the mixer is running, add the yeast/sugar mixture as well as the rest of the water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough feels too sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together to in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and place your dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and place into a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. The Wolf wall ovens, as well as the Wolf-Dual Fuel Range oven, have a Proof Mode that is perfect for this step.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes. The dough is now ready to be rolled out, topped with ingredients of your choice, and baked.