- 2 cups See’s Peanut Brittle, crushed
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 scant ¼ teaspoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 pints ice cream
- Crush the See’s Peanut Brittle into a fine powder. It is perfectly fine if there are some small chunks in the mixture. Set aside in a medium-sized bowl for mixing
- Melt the butter gently over low heat. Once melted, and the chile powder and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter to the crushed See’s Peanut Brittle. Mix until a very thick paste forms. You should be able to mold the paste in your hands.
- Press into a pie pan. If you would like to make mini versions, you can press the crust into small muffin tins. If making the mini versions, it’s a good idea to spray the tins with some nonstick spray beforehand. It will make it easier to release the mini pies later. Allow the crust to firm up in a freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream of your choice from the freezer and allow to soften slightly. Once the crusts are set, pour the ice cream into the crust. Place into the freezer for 30 minutes, or until the pie is very firm.
- You’re welcome to top the pie with sifted cocoa powder and extra orange zest. Enjoy!