- 1 vanilla bean split and scraped or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups wildflower honey
- 9 egg yolks
- Pour the cream into a medium sized saucepan. Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds out. Add the vanilla bean and the seeds to the cream or add the vanilla extract. Add the dried lavender and honey as well. Bring the cream to a simmer then remove from the heat. Let the cream, vanilla, and dried lavender and steep for 10 minutes. Strain the cream through a fine strainer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and sugar until smooth. Slowly whisk the cream into the egg/sugar mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan and put it on a medium heat burner while constantly stirring with a spatula or spoon. When the liquid reaches around 150° & begins to thicken, remove from the heat. Do not overcook. Strain the liquid into a medium bowl and place in an ice bath to cool.
- Once the liquid has cooled, use as a sauce, or pour into an ice cream maker to make ice cream. The mixture may be slightly loose after cooling in the ice maker. It will firm up to the desired consistency in the freezer.