- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 pounds spinach, washed
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling add the spinach to the water and cook until wilted. Drain the spinach and run under cold water. This will shock the spinach and help to keep it bright and colorful. Squeeze all excess moisture from the spinach. Then chop the spinach.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once hot add the olive oil. Then add the onions. Cook the onions until soft and translucent, stirring often. Once the onions are cooked add the spinach to the pan, Cook the onions and spinach for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the whipping cream into the onion and spinach mixture. Turn the burner to medium heat and cook until the cream has thickened. This will take 10-15 minutes. Add salt pepper and nutmeg and stir. Taste the mixture an adjust seasoning to taste. Serve and enjoy!