- 12 medium to large size button mushrooms
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 1 medium sized shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- ½ tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop them. Add the chopped stalks as well as the finely chopped shallot to a hot sauté pan with a teaspoon of oil. Toss on medium high heat. As the mushrooms cook, they will start to release their liquid. Once the mushrooms stop releasing liquid, add the chopped garlic and sauté’ for another minute.
- Add the white wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release any cooked bits back into the liquid. Once most of the white wine has evaporated, transfer your mushroom mixture to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the crab meat, parsley, tarragon, sherry vinegar and half of the parmesan cheese to the mushrooms and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the mushroom mixture is cooking, heat the Wolf M-Series oven to Convection Mode at 375°. Toss the mushroom caps with olive oil and place in the Wolf M-Series Oven for 20 minutes, or until the caps have browned and shrunk in size. Pull from the oven and allow them to cool before adding the crab mixture.
- Take tablespoon sized portions of your crab mix and stuff them into the mushroom cap. Make sure to pack the mixture in well. You will end up with a small mound on each mushroom, but feel free to make the mounds as high as you would like. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese and placed the stuffed mushrooms back into the 375° until the cheese begins to melt.