- 1 # asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- All-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1 cup grate gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 large eggs yolks
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Set the Wolf Convection Steam Oven to Steam at 210°. Steam the asparagus for about 3-5 minutes or until the asparagus is bright green and slightly cooked through. There should still be a crunch to the asparagus.
- Pull from the Wolf Convection Steam Oven and chill in the ice water. Drain the asparagus and pat dry with a towel.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a 10 x 16 rectangle on a floured surface. Fold the edges on all sides to create a border. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Set the Convection Steam Oven to Auto Steam Bake on the Puff Pastry setting at 410° and bake until light golden brown and flaky, around 15-20 minutes. Leave the puff pastry to cool on the baking sheet.
- Mix the cheeses, shallot, egg yolks, milk, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the inside of the puff pastry.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set the Convection Steam Oven to Convection Steam at 400°. Arrange the asparagus on the tart and bake until the cheese mixture is slightly puffy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.