5 Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie for Added Health Benefits
The new year can be such an exciting time, with the promise of fresh starts and new beginnings. It also proves to be an opportunity to recommit to your health and well-being. Sip your way to a healthier breakfast by blending your favorite produce each morning with the Wolf Gourmet Pro Performance Blender. Don’t forget to add one of these five ingredients to give your smoothie an added boost.
The Wolf Gourmet blender has a smoothie mode to perfect whatever combination of ingredients you choose. The smoothie mode uses a series of quick and powerful pulses to properly break down your ingredients before blending it into a frothy and delicious puree. No more need to stop the blender, and push down the parts that did not blend. The smoothie mode does it all for you!
1. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are the edible seeds of Salvia hispanica, a flowering plant in the mint family. They deliver a massive amount of health benefits without added calories… helping to shed those extra pounds from all the holiday decadence. Chia seeds are high in protein, antioxidants, omega-3, fiber, magnesium, and potassium!
Try a Strawberry Banana Chia Seed smoothie… creamy, delicious and simple!
- Frozen Strawberries
- Fresh Banana (frozen is fine, too)
- Milk Of Choice
- Chia Seeds
2. Matcha: Matcha or macha is a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: The green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for three to four weeks before harvest, and the stems and veins are removed during processing. Matcha has 137 times the amount of antioxidants than green tea, and can boost your metabolism helping with digestion, energy, and focus. The green goodness is one of the best sources of catechins, which help to cut the risk of cancer. Finally, Matcha increases overall health by helping to calm your mind, reduce stress, and detox the body.
Try a Blueberry Matcha smoothie… you could even add Kale for that extra green boost!
- Matcha powder
- Frozen Banana
- Baby Spinach
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Old Fashioned Oats
3. Turmeric: The primary active component of turmeric — and the one that gives the spice its characteristic yellow color — is curcumin. In fact, Curcumin is the compound responsible for most of turmeric’s health benefits, which include it’s anti-inflammatory properties as well as benefits related to slowing the aging process and preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
Try a Mango Turmeric smoothie:
- Coconut Milk
- Hemp Seeds
- Honey (optional)
4. Oats: Oats are commonly found in breakfast cereals and granola bars so why not add them to your morning smoothie? Oats are not only heart-healthy but they lower cholesterol, improve digestion, and keep blood sugar balanced. They are also full of vitamins, minerals, magnesium and protein giving you well-balanced breakfast packed with energy.
Try an Oatmeal Smoothie:
- Frozen Banana
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
5. Ginger: Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China; it can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice. Ginger can have several benefits from helping with nausea to relieving pain and reducing inflammation. Ginger also supports cardiovascular health and lowers the risk of some cancers.
Try a Lemon Ginger smoothie:
- Frozen Pineapple
- Frozen Mango
- Frozen Peach
- Coconut Milk
Be sure to enjoy a thick and creamy treat that is not only delicious but healthy and nutritious.